• In opposite to the other knowledge areas in the PMBOK® the project communications management is not directly described by the pattern of «plan», «execute», and «control». Instead of this the internal structure of this knowledge area is a collection of topics
Project Communications Management
The Project Communications Management has to "[...] employ the processes to ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, distribution, storage, retrieval, and ultimate disposition of project information." The main task of those processes is "[...] to provide the critical links among people and information that are necessary for successful communications":
- Naturally the communications management has to be planned by "[...] determining the information and communications needs of the project stakeholders".
- In a wider sense communications management means the distribution of information.
- In a closer sense communications management focusses on the performance reporting.
- And for being able to do that in a adequare manner the stakeholders must be managed.
(comp. PMBOK3, p. 221)